Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
posted Oct 28 2020 | All posts
It feels like it's not really fall until you're making a warm, Butternut Squash Soup on a cool Sunday afternoon. And we promise you'll fall for this recipe.
This recipe serves 4, and you can get all of the main ingredients through Farm Swarming right here! Here's what comes in the Butternut Squash Soup Bundle:
- 1 large butternut squash
- White potatoes
Butternut squash soup is the perfect fall meal, filling your home with an autumn aroma, and keeping the whole family warm. Luckily, as delicious as this is, it's just as easy to make!
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed (optional)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1-2 large carrots, chopped
- Fresh sage, rosemary, thyme
- 4 cups chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 400º. On a baking sheet, toss cubed squash and potatoes with 1-2 tbsp olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Roast until tender, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large dutch oven or pot on medium heat, melt butter and 1 tbsp olive oil. Add onion, celery, and carrots and cook until softened, about 7-10 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, and thyme, sage, and rosemary.
- Add roasted squash and potatoes and pour in chicken broth. Simmer 10 minutes, then let cool 5 minutes and use an immersion blender and blend soup until creamy. (Or transfer potatoes and squash to blender with slotted spoon, blend, and return to pot)
- Mix, and serve garnished with parsley.
And voilà! A simple, but tasty fall meal perfect for those chilly weekends staying safe at home.
Get your Butternut Squash Soup recipe bundle here, at 10% off its original pricing!