30 Minute Strip Steak Dinner
posted Feb 04 2021 | All posts
This simple, yet savory recipe will ensure that you have the perfect dinner in just 30 minutes. Enjoy this with your special someone!
- 5-7 White Potatoes, peeled and cut into 2” chunks
- 1 lb fresh Asparagus
- 1 Lemon for 1 tsp. Lemon zest plus 1 tbsp. Lemon juice and slices.
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter (divided)
- 5 tbsp olive oil (divided)
- 2 New York Strip Steaks (¾” thick) (about 1 ½ lbs. Total)
- 2 small Onions or 1 large, thinly sliced
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup milk (optional)
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place chunked potatoes in a large pot; cover with cold salted water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until tender, 18-20 minutes. Drain and return Potatoes to the pot. Add lemon zest and lemon juice and 2 tbsp of butter and ¼ cup milk (if desired) and mash. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Prep Asparagus by snapping the tough woody end off of the stem by holding the stem midway and at the bottom and bending it should snap at the correct place discard the bottom pieces, Rinse with water and pat dry, coat with 3 Tbsp olive oil spread onto baking sheet. Sprinkle with the ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes, thinly sliced lemon slices, salt and pepper. Baking times vary depending on thickness of Asparagus; Thin 9-10 minutes; Medium 11-13 minutes; Thick 14-15 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet over med-high heat. Season Steaks with salt and pepper. Cook to desired doneness, 3-5 minutes per side (3 for rare 5 for med) stove temps may vary. Transfer meat to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Reserve juices in skillet.
Reduce the heat to medium. Add 1 tbsp of butter and thinly sliced onions to the skillet; cook, stirring occasionally until tender, 3-5 minutes. Add white wine and ¼ cup water. Continue cooking using a wooden spoon scrap bottom of pan to loosen up any of the brown bits from frying the meat, until the liquid is reduced by half, 5-6 minutes; remove from heat.
Add remaining butter and swirl pan to melt, stir in the juices from the cutting board. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve Sliced Steak with Onion sauce, Mashed Potatoes and Asparagus alongside.