White Chicken Chili Recipe
posted Nov 06 2020 | All posts
So we've had classic chili with beef and kidney beans, but what if we lightened that all up?
This white chicken chili is rich, creamy, and delicious, making a great dinner for the entire family serving 4-6.
Included in this bundle:
1lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
2 heads of garlic
- 1lb boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans chicken broth
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1 1/4 cup frozen or fresh corn
- 2 (15 oz) cans cannellini beans
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for serving
- Tortilla chips, Monterrey jack cheese, sliced avocado for serving (optional)
In a Dutch oven over medium heat, cook chicken and onion in oil until lightly browned. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
Add chicken broth, green chilies, cumin, paprika, oregano, cayenne pepper and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring mixture just to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 20-25 minutes.
Drain and rinse beans in a fine mesh strainer or colander. Add cream cheese to soup along with corn, whole beans and stir well. Simmer 5 - 10 minutes longer.
Stir in fresh lime juice and cilantro. Serve with Monterrey Jack cheese, more cilantro, avocado slices and tortilla chips if desired.
Bon Appétit! Get your bundle for this White Chicken Chili recipe here and send us your pictures when you make it!